Are you an up-and-coming leader in the Texas rural water industry?
We are launching a new professional development and networking program to cultivate emerging leaders in rural water! The TRWA Emerging Leaders program is designed for early- to mid-career rural water professionals who have recently advanced to or are seeking leadership roles within their system, community or at TRWA. The program aims to enhance individual leadership skills and prepare participants to be active and engaged community leaders and advocates for rural water issues.
TRWA Emerging Leaders will focus on development in the areas of:
- Advocacy and Grassroots Engagement
- Water Policy and Regulatory Relationships
- Public Relations, including Community Outreach and Media Relations
Join Our Charter Class!
The application window for the first class of TRWA Emerging Leaders is now open! Completed applications must be submitted by April 17, 2017 to be considered. Eligible applicants must:
- Be employed by a TRWA Utility or Associate Member
- Have at least one (1) year of experience in the water/wastewater industry
- Have interest in seeking leadership roles at their system, in their communities, and/or at the Texas Rural Water Association
- Have commitment to understanding water policy issues
- Have commitment to community through advocacy and volunteer activities
Click here to download the full application!
The program will officially kick off in Austin with a special one-day orientation and training session. Participants will then have multiple opportunities throughout the year to accrue leadership development credit hours toward completion of the program, including participation in additional training sessions, webinars, special projects, etc.
Dates and Deadlines
- April 17, 2017: Application materials submitted to TRWA
- May 1, 2017: Notification to Applicants
- No later than May 15, 2017: Tuition payment ($250) submitted to TRWA
- June 15, 2017: Orientation & Training (Austin)
- August 2017: Webinar
- November 2017: Training Session 2 — held in conjunction with Fall Management Conference in Dallas/Allen
- January 2018: Webinar
- March 29, 2018: Graduation Ceremony at RuralWaterCon in Fort Worth
- Other activities as assigned
More program details will be available soon!
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 512-472-8591.